Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Allah loves Jesus

With 1.57 Billion followers, Islam is a pretty big deal. Indeed, in the past few weeks, I've had an enlightening revelation of my own regarding this world faith. I never knew, for example, that Jesus is accepted and embraced as an influential prophet by Islam - he is not some hate-figure or, if you will, some sort of anti-christ. Like all the other legitimate prophets, Mr. Christ spread the true word of God. So why in the world had I always presumed that Islam and Jesus was like Jay Leno and Letterman? No one ever actually told me that was the case, I just (as one does) presumed. Yes - Jesus is in no way considered divine by the Koran, and the idea of the Holy Trinity - well thats complete $**! to a Muslim. But I could never have guessed quite how inter-linking and paralleled the world's two biggest faiths are. Creationism? Yep thats in there too. Fine, God made the world from water (minor detail) and the Koran actually acknowledges there may have been a Big Bang to start it all - but the general idea, a 'skim-read analysis' - not so different. I suppose what I'm getting at is something I'm sure is felt by others around the world. I am (or at least have been up till now), entirely neutral religiously - unattached let's say. I know very little about the many details of the great faiths out there. But what really worries me, is that almost certainly, there are Christians (and possibly Muslims) out there who know less about religions that are not their own than I do. Ask your average Christian in my current part of the world what they think Jesus means to Muslims - well, you can answer that. I do hope my fears are misconstrued. All the best thought snackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment